The Council for the Study of Community Colleges (CSCC) is an affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and a project of the Center for the Study of Community Colleges (www.centerforcommunitycolleges.org). Council members include university-based researchers and community college practitioners who further scholarship on the community college enterprise. The purposes of the Council are to:
- contribute to the development of preservice and in-service education for community college professionals;
- conduct and disseminate research pertaining to community colleges;
- serve as a forum for dialogue between university professors, graduate students, and community college practitioners who study community colleges;
- disseminate information about related conferences and events;
- provide research and other services to the American Association of Community Colleges and its affiliate councils;
- recognize outstanding service to, research in, and publication about community college education; and
- provide a unified and formal base of participation for CSCC members in AACC affairs.
If you would like to read our newsletters, please visit our newsletter archive.